Learning for Career and Personal Success
As a learning-based company that values the professional and personal success of our team members, we’re committed to providing comprehensive training and development opportunities. Goal-reaching and self-improvement are part of our company culture and you’ll discover many ways to achieve them here.
The W. L. Butler Construction, Inc. Training Program provides learning opportunities for all Team Members. As an organization that values learning and success, we realize that the more you learn, the more you grow. We feel self-development is a personal choice and our role is to provide opportunities to meet those needs of Team Members. We offer training in many formats, including:
- New Hire Training
- In-house Classes with Outside Instruction
- In-house Classes with a W. L. Butler Construction, Inc. Expert
- Online Classes/Courses
- Guest Speakers
- Mentor Program
We encourage personal development and will reimburse Team Members who want to further their education and enhance their skills. Approved courses must be related to the Team Member’s work at the company and reimbursements will be made after the successful completion of the course. Supervisor-directed education such as seminars or training will be paid in advance by the company. Reimbursable courses include:
- Off-site Classes
- Online Classes
- Certification Programs
Goals and Self Development Tools
Because we want you to grow and succeed in your job, Team Members receive an annual performance evaluation including goal setting and ongoing growth and development plans. The W. L. Butler Construction, Inc. Training Program is designed to support these goals and encourages you to work with your Supervisor and the Training Program Manager to help you achieve your training and learning goals.
We partner with many educational organizations to bring training opportunities to the team. We offer online courses through Dale Carnegie, FMI Management Training, Pinnacle Development Group, Vistage, Click Safety, Certified Solutions, AGC, many local college and extension programs, as well as with our very own internal company experts.
The W. L. Butler Construction, Inc. intranet offers resources on best practices and provides online instructions on company systems and procedures, including training on software programs utilized by the team such as Constructware, MS Office, PlanGrid, BlueBeam, and On-Screen Takeoff, among others.
The mentor program was developed to provide new hires with the support of a dedicated adviser who assists them in navigating through their first 90 days of work at the company.
LEED Credential Program
We are committed to providing our team members with the opportunity, resources and motivation to achieve a LEED Credential by:
- Communicating the importance of LEED credentials to Team Members.
- Communicating the process to achieve a Green Associate or Accredited Professional (AP) credential.
- Providing training to keep credentials current through continued education.
- Providing organized study groups and provide work time for study and practice testing.
- Assigning a current LEED Team Member as mentor, providing incentives to both trainees and mentors.
- Creating WLB LEED Experts list to assist team members and provide mentors when requested.
- Supplying resources such as books, CDs, online study programs and practice tests.
- Providing outside trainer when needed for AP candidates.
- Providing project experience as needed to achieve AP credential.
- Providing recognition for those with LEED credential.