Looking for an all-star Laborer to join our team in Redwood City, CA
W. L. Butler is a full-service general contractor with annual sales in excess of $275,000,000. Recognized as one of the top construction companies in the Western United States, we bring with us 40+ years of broad-based construction experience including financial institutions, corporate campuses, mixed-use buildings, multi-family housing, offices, medical facilities, non-profit and educational campuses, auto dealerships, warehouse/industrial parks, and retail centers. Our client portfolio includes national brand corporations, key property developers, non-profit agencies, and regional entrepreneurs.
W. L. Butler is a company that prides itself on innovation and creating the “next best thing,” which for us is Building Our Client’s Vision. Our goal is to deliver the value being demanded by our clients, and to do it better than our competition, which means employing the very best construction talent in the industry.
About the job:
The Laborer will Work on construction projects, usually working in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision by performing the following duties:
- Performs general cleanup and miscellaneous carpentry as required
- Installs safety equipment as required by OSHA
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications
- Mixes concrete. Smoothes and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete
- Positions, joins, aligns, and seals pipe sections
- Erects scaffolding, shoring and braces
- Mops, brushes or spreads paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection
- Sprays materials such as water, sand, steam through hose to clean, coat or seal surfaces
- Applies caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices
- Grinds, sands or polishes surfaces such as concrete
- Saws lumber, dismantles forms, removes projections from concrete, mounts pipe hangers and cuts and attaches insulating material
- Tracks, maintains and secures company owned tools as at all times
- Attends quarterly field personnel meeting
We offer an environment that encourages continuous learning and improvement, an amazing company culture, competitive salary and excellent benefits!
- CPR and First Aid certified
- OSHA Ten Hour Class
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication and language skills
- Ability to operate light construction equipment i.e. jackhammer, forklift, high reach equipment
- Reasoning ability
- Ability to work outside year-round in all types of weather conditions
- Available to work extended hours as required by project schedules, weather conditions or urgent circumstances
- Provide personal transportation that is insured, legal and reliable to multiple and sometimes distant jobsites
- A motor vehicle driving record that is consistent with Company and insurance carrier standards
- Must have the ability to apply common sense in resolving problems
- Ability to be a team player
If interested in this position, please forward your resume to Monique Peetz.