Committed to Sustainability
Building what matters includes building sustainably. We incorporate green standards into our business plan whenever possible by using renewable resources more efficiently and reducing the impact that construction has on the local and global environments.
Our efforts include advocating green building designs that utilize renewable materials, practicing energy conservation, and supporting recycling efforts in our offices and on our job sites.
Our commitment to the environment includes:
- Advocating environmentally-friendly building products, processes and technology wherever possible
- Leveraging renewable resources
- Reducing the impact of construction on the environment
- Supporting our credentialed LEED APs and Green Associates and encouraging new employee accreditation
- Empowering the internal “Green Team” to further educate clients and our Team Members
- Supporting local conservation and waste removal programs
- Coordinating drives for local groups and hosting workshops around environmental awareness and practices
Waste Tracking Program
W. L. Butler and Green Halo Systems developed an innovative waste tracking platform that allows Team Members to better manage the waste diversion process for our projects and see in “real-time” the impact those efforts are making. It’s just one way of being both transparent and accountable to environmental standards.