Safety is a fundamental component of W. L. Butler Construction, Inc. and is integrated into everything we do. The safety of our project’s Team Members, business partners and the general public is our #1 priority and we always strive to exceed industry standards, manage our projects with the highest level of attention to safety, and comply with all applicable safety regulatory requirements. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed. W. L. Butler Construction, Inc. has been consistently acknowledged for safe practices, including Cal/OSHA “Golden Gate Partnership Recognition” and CLP Resources “Safety Partner of the Year.”
The W. L. Butler Construction, Inc. Safety Program
- Safety orientation for every new Field Team Member when hired.
- Field Superintendents receive 30-hour OSHA construction training.
- Field Team Members receive 10-hour OSHA construction training.
- Field Superintendents are certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Weekly on-site safety tailgate meeting for every Field Team Member.
- Safety quarterly meeting for Field Team Members.
- Field Team Members receive forklift, aerial lift, heat illness and fall protection training.
- Start-up meetings are held for each project with an emphasis on safety.
- Weekly on-site project safety meetings with subcontractor foremen.
- Safety rewards provided to our Team Members.