The four-story development combines four existing parcels into one neoclassical, mixed-use building; creating and office and retail project with two levels of below grade parking that provides 246 public parking spaces and 50 bike parking spots. The project preserved three historic storefronts from the 1920’s including large portions of existing exterior walls (street façade, side wall next to Odd Fellows building and rear east wall). The panels adjacent to the Odd Fellows Building and rear east wall were carefully removed, stored, and reinstalled under supervision of a consultant specialized in historic renovations. The Main Street façade was protected in place to ensure that the historical cornice features are maintained. The tiered 136,678 square foot development was constructed around the historic building walls, and the lobby of the new building will be home to a public art gallery. The office space included elevated outdoor areas. The upper floors were set back 40 and 80 feet from the street as it rises four stories above. The massing for the building is lower along Main Street and gradually steps up to four stories along Walnut Street. This stepped massing creates several terraces overlooking Main Street. Trees have been planted along both Main and Walnut streets.
2023 Award of Merit Best Rehabilitation Project – Gold Nugget Awards